If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Wondering how to speed up your home internet without spending a ton of money on an overpriced mesh Wi-Fi system? It’s much easier and less expensive than you think.
- Slow internet speeds and dreaded “buffering” messages are always frustrating, but it’s even worse in the age of coronavirus because everyone is spending so much time online.
- Before you do something drastic like buying a new router or a pricey mesh Wi-Fi system, there are a pair of less expensive options you should explore.
Slow internet speeds and buffering when you’re trying to watch a video as so aggravating, but it happens all the time. What you might not realize, however, is that there’s such an easy way for most people to fix this irksome issue.
Much of the time, your Wi-Fi connection is the main source of the problem. Sometimes there’s interference, or if you live in a big household it could be a congestion problem. Sometimes it’s an issue with range, and you can get away with a cheap fix by picking up a Wi-Fi range extender. The best-selling TP-Link model on Amazon is on sale right now for just $24.99, or the newer version that’s more than twice as fast can be had for just $39.99.
If you want an even better fix to the problem, you need to ditch wireless on your device and switch to a wired internet connection. Of course, no one wants to spend hundreds of dollars installing Ethernet, and we would never suggest that. Why bother when you can instantly transform any regular old power outlet into an Ethernet port in about 2 seconds?
Head over to Amazon and check out the TP-Link AV1000 Powerline WiFi Extender, Powerline Adapter. This is a Wi-Fi powerline adapter that provides up to 1000Mbps Ethernet over power, up to dual band 750Mbps. It’s ideal to be an Ethernet extender that can easily go over a wall. It reduces power power consumption by up to 85%. The Gigabit port gives you full speed of your Internet. What’s more, this awesome top-rated powerline kit is on Amazon right now for $119.99.
Check out this review from Amazon to get an idea of what you can look forward to when you get one:
After checking many solution, extender, wifi duplicator, etc.. I try this product and simply solve my internet dead zone in the house. Plug and play. Simple like that. You can install the apps and configure the wifi the way you wanted. Awesome. works nice
That’s just one example of an endless number of people who have eliminated the annoyances of Wi-Fi without spending a ton of money to have Ethernet installed in their homes. What are you waiting for?!
- 1 Ckdcares Reusable Face Masks, Soft Cloth Fabric, Pack of 2 pcs, Washable, Adjustable Ear Loops,…
- 2 Jointown Face Mask, Pack of 50 (5081)
- 3 THINKA PROCEDURE MASK WITH EARLOOPS (50pcs) - Medical Mask - ASTM L1 Approved Face Mask
- 4 EnerPlex Youth/Adult Small Size Black Face Mask Reusable (3-Pack) Safety Mask Breathable Comfor…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.