If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- If you’re looking for coronavirus tips that might help keep you safe, there’s an important one you can add to the list that comes from a COVID-19 survivor.
- You know you need 3-layer face masks for everyday use, ones that ship from Canada, and reusable masks to carry with you everywhere, but you should also get yourself a pulse oximeter.
- These devices can help alert you to a possible coronavirus infection before any noticeable symptoms present, and Amazon’s best-selling model is only $36.99 right now.
Everyone knows that there are a few things we need to have at all times in order to protect ourselves and our families from the novel coronavirus. First and foremost, it goes without saying that you need face masks. Amazon’s best-selling coronavirus face masks are great for normal everyday use, and they’re on sale right now for their biggest discount yet. You’ll get options that ship from Canada and are heavily discounted and reusable masks that can kill germs on contact.
Price:$25.81 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
ZoomToner™ Ships from Canada - 100 Pack Disposable Face Masks Masques Safety, 3-Ply Ear Loop Price:$24.79 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Reusable Cotton Face Mask (Pack of 50) List Price:$42.51 Price:$46.99 You Save:$7.92 (19%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
What’s this additional item that you need so desperately? It’s called a pulse oximeter, and it’s a tiny little gadget that clips onto the end of your finger and reads your blood oxygen saturation. Why is it so important? Because it can alert you to a possible coronavirus infection long before anything else that’s readily available — and that includes a thermometer. Many people who have COVID-19 don’t ever get a fever, as we’ve seen in several studies.
COVID-19 attacks many parts of the body but it typically wreaks the most havoc on your lungs. Long before any other symptoms present, a COVID-19 infection can hinder the lungs’ ability to draw oxygen from the air. This causes blood oxygen levels to drop, and that’s why monitoring your blood oxygen level can be crucial in catching a possible coronavirus infection as early as possible. One coronavirus survivor who has been battling COVID-19 recently reminded everyone of this on Twitter:
If you’re going through this and need someone to talk to I’m here. My DMs are open. My advice to everyone is to order an oximeter for you and your family! Do it now! It has become my new best friend. Be kind to each other. Sending love to everyone. ♥️
— Samantha Reyes (@samtayrey) July 22, 2020
In a healthy person, blood oxygen saturation should be anywhere between 95% and 100%. According to the Mayo Clinic, anything below 90% is considered unhealthy. In coronavirus patients, blood oxygen saturation as low as 50% has been observed. The Zacurate Portable and Reliable Fingertip Pulse Oximeter is the best-selling model on Amazon and it only costs $36.99 with a coupon, so there’s really no reason not to get one. It only takes a few seconds to take a reading so you can do it each day, and then reach out to your doctor if you find any cause for concern.
- 1 Blink Mini – Compact indoor plug-in smart security camera, 1080 HD video, night vision, motio…
- 2 Samsung - 60" Q60A QLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV [QN60Q60AAFXZC][Canada Version] (2021)
- 3 Blink Outdoor 3 Cam bundle with Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen)
- 4 Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV controls), Dolby Vision
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.