If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- People wear so many different kinds of face masks to protect themselves and those around them from the novel coronavirus.
- Regular blue 3-ply coronavirus face masks are still very popular for everyday use in low-risk situations, and you can get the same type of face masks in black if you want something a bit more stylish.
- The problem many people have with these face masks is that they don’t fit well on the sides of your face, but there’s a brilliant hack that went viral recently and it eliminates all the gaps around the mask.
With schools reopening and coronavirus case numbers beginning to climb again, there are several things you need to protect yourself and everyone around you from contracting COVID-19. You definitely need hand sanitizer — which is available on Amazon for refills — or another strong hand sanitizer, and you need hand soap as well. Powerful disinfectant sprays and wipes are a must, too. But there’s one thing that is far more important than anything else, and you should all know by know exactly what it is: A face mask.
Since COVID-19 is extremely contagious and it’s transmissible mainly from person to person through the air, soaps and sanitizers are secondary to masks. The virus is shed from the mouth in tiny droplets of saliva when an infected person coughs, sneezes, sings, yells, or even just talks. If those droplets enter another person’s eyes, nose, or mouth, he or she can catch the potentially deadly disease. That’s why wearing a face mask provides two elements of protection — they help stop sick people from spreading the disease, and they help block aerosolized virus from entering a healthy person’s mouth or nose.
Jointown Face Mask, Pack of 50 (5081) List Price:$56.25 Price:$39.95 You Save:$21.38 (38%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Price:$16.79 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Those are good options, but you may not want to dispose of your mask after every single use. Consider the stylish Weddingstar Washable Cloth Face Mask, which comes in many colors and patterns. You can choose different sizes when you opt for the EnerPlex 3-Ply Reusable Face Mask. If you’re searching for a pack of reusable face masks, pick up the WD37U 50 Pack that could potentially kill bacteria and germs on contact.
Weddingstar 3-Ply Adult Washable Cloth Face Mask Reusable and Adjustable with Filter Pocket - B… Price:$12.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
EnerPlex Comfort 3-Ply Reusable Face Mask - Breathable Comfort, Fully Machine Washable, Face Ma… List Price:$26.95 Price:$26.95 You Save:$6.96 (26%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Reusable Cotton Face Mask (Pack of 50) Price:$46.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Now, it’s important to note that these masks do a good job… but only if they fit properly on your face. If there are gaps on the sides or on the bottom of the mask, aerosolized virus is more likely to pass through. That’s why a simple face mask hack that went viral recently is so awesome. It takes 60 seconds to do, and it makes these standard 3-ply face masks fit so much better for many people. What’s the trick? Check out the Instagram video embedded below to see how easy (and brilliant!) it is. The video was created and posted on TikTok by a dentist named Olivia Cui, and then reposted on Instagram by Katie Couric.
- 1 Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener MYQ-G0301 - Wireless & Wi-Fi enabled Garage Hub with S…
- 2 Govee Bluetooth Meat Thermometer, Smart Grill Thermometer, 196ft Remote Monitor, Large Backlite…
- 3 Phomemo Thermal Shipping Label Printer
- 4 aaroogo Remote Control with TV Power and Volume/Mute Replaced for Vizio/LG/Samsung/Sharp with A…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.