If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
We’ve all been looking for ways to make 2020 a better year. Since many of us have been spending most of our time indoors this year, we’ve been trying to make light of the situation by playing more games. Sure, there are plenty of people who are huge fans of video games, but some people just can’t get into them. For those people, we’d tell you that board games are still a perfectly viable way to spend some time inside.
We’ve done our homework, or actually you have, to find the best quarantine board games this year. We’re just here to show you what exactly people are playing, to get you ready for more time indoors. Here are the current top 5 most popular board games on Amazon.
5. Hasbro Gaming Hungry Hungry Hippos – $11.97
A classic children’s game, this has been around for many years and still brings delight. Choose your hippo and snatch up as many balls as possible to win.
- Includes game base, 4 hippo heads, 4 hippo bodies, 20 plastic marbles, marble storage cover, and instructions
- Hungry Hungry Hippos game is marble-chomping, hippo-feeding fun
- Includes 4 hippo heads and bodies plus marbles for them to chomp
- Storage is a snap with the included marble storage cover
- For 2 to 4 players
4. Exploding Kittens Card Games – $24.97
This is great for two to five players and you want to avoid those exploding kittens cards because you will lose the game.
- Exploding Kittens is the perfect board game for adults who are into kittens and explosions and laser beams and sometimes goats
- More than 9 million copies sold, breaking records in games for kids, games for adults, and everything in-between
- A highly strategic kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette. Basically if you draw an Exploding Kitten, you lose and you are full of loser sad-sauce. If you don’t explode YOU WIN Congratulations, you are full of greatness
- This “Game of the Year” award winner is the perfect holiday gift if you’re looking for board games for adults but want to be able to play fun games with your kids as well
- ‘It’s like UNO, except there are goats, magical enchiladas and kittens that can kill you.” -CNN
- This gift favorite takes 5 minutes to learn, 15 minutes to play, is for 2-5 players (ages 7+) and includes 56 cards, box and instructions
Exploding Kittens LLC - A Russian Roulette Card Game, Easy Family-Friendly Party Games - Card G… List Price:$24.99 Price:$24.97 You Save:$8.02 (32%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
3. Dos – $9.99
Similar to Uno, Dos wants you to get rid of your cards, but you’re also counting your points as you race towards 200.
- This exciting card game invites two to four players to challenge each other as individuals or as teams
- The goal is to be the first to get rid of all your cards, and special WILD cards change the gameplay
- Matching numbers is most important, but get BONUS points for matching colors as you race toward a score of 200
- If you go out first, you earn points for cards left in your opponents’ hands!
- When there are two cards to go, don’t forget to yell “DOS!”
2. Hasbro Guess Who? Classic Game – $11.97
You’re trying to figure out who your competitor has as their mystery person. You can ask questions to get to the answer, but you have to do it before they do.
- Features tabletop gameboards
- Players try to guess each other’s mystery character
- For 2 players
1. Classic Jenga – $11.97
Don’t be the person who knocks down the tower.
- Pull out a bock without crashing the stack to win at Jenga
- 54 hardwood Jenga blocks
- Win by being the last player to remove a block without causing the stack to crash
- Includes stacking sleeve
- Includes 54 wood blocks and stacking sleeve
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.