If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
The main function of any Wi-Fi smart plug is to add connectivity and wireless control to the “dumb” devices in your home that aren’t already internet-connected. Plug one into a lamp, for example, and you’ll be able to turn it on and off using your smartphone or even your voice, provided your smart plug supports a voice assistant like Alexa. Of course, that’s just the basics and pretty much every smart plug on the planet has those bases covered.
If you want more advanced features, a high-quality app, and tons of integration with smart home systems and other smart platforms, you need a smart plug from a top brand like TP-Link. That typically means spending upwards of $20 or even $25 per smart plug, but there’s a killer sale right now at Amazon that changes all that. TP-Link’s Kasa smart plugs are widely heralded as the hottest smart plugs on the market, and you typically have to pay a pretty penny to get them. Grab Smart Plug Lites for only $14.99 apiece now!
That’s about what you’d pay for bargain-basement smart plugs made by brands you’ve never even heard of, yet these Kasa smart plugs are the best in the business. This is a deal you definitely don’t want to miss.
There are so many different devices that these smart plugs work with that they are totally worth even quadruple the price. They can connect with your Amazon Alexa-compatible devices, as well as Google Assistant. You only need a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection to use them, which is something most people have in their homes. Being able to control your smart plugs through the Kasa app on your smartphone makes setting up your plugs that much easier.
Here are the highlights from Amazon’s product page:
Kasa Smart Plug by TP-Link
- Control from anywhere turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app (compatible w/ Android & iOS)
- Voice control works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana supported devices for a hands free experience
- Easy control control light duty plug in electronics with loads up to 10a (ie. Lamps, TVs, stereos, etc. )
- Kasa scenes and schedules schedule the Smart plug to automatically switch on and off when away or set a scene for controlling many devices with a single button
- Note: requires a secured 2. 4 GHz with fi network connection
There are a bunch of other Kasa deals going on right now, including $5 off the Kasa Smart Power Strip, $10 off Kasa Smart Outdoor Plug, $10 off Kasa Smart Wifi 2 Outlet in-Wall Plugs, and $5 off a Kasa Smart Light Switch.
Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip by TP-Link (KP303) - Surge Protector, Smart Outlets and 2 USB Ports… Price:$34.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Kasa Smart Outdoor Smart Plug by TP-Link (KP400) - Smart Home WiFi Outlet with 2 Sockets, IP64… List Price:$29.99 Price:$29.99 You Save:$5.00 (17%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Kasa Smart In-Wall Outlet by TP-Link (KP200) - Smart Plug, In-Wall Smart Home WiFi Outlet Works… List Price:$27.99 Price:$29.99 You Save:$3.00 (11%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Kasa Smart Light Switch by TP-Link (HS200) - In-Wall Installation, Single Pole, Neutral Wire Re… List Price:$22.99 Price:$24.99 You Save:$5.00 (22%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- 1 Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite (no TV controls) | HD streaming device | 2020 r…
- 2 TECKIN Smart Plug Mini WiFi Outlet Wireless Socket Compatible with Alexa, Echo,Google Home and…
- 3 Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Mini by TP-Link - Reliable WiFi Connection, No Hub Required, Compatible wi…
- 4 Apple AirPods Pro
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.