If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Many smart home gadgets focus on convenience features, but there’s one device you need that actually helps keep you safe.
- It’s called the Airthings Wave Plus and it monitors the air in your home to alert you automatically of things like radon and other airborne toxins.
- The mid-range Airthings Wave has an even deeper discount right now at Amazon, and the new Airthings Wave Mini that also detects mold is available for just $99.99.
There’s a relatively new type of smart home device that’s about more than just convenience. Instead, the Airthings Wave Plus and other Airthings devices are there to help keep your family safe.
The top-of-the-line Airthings Wave Plus is an air-quality monitor that senses things like radon, elevated CO2 levels, and airborne toxins (Total VOCs). It connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth and gives you instant readings as well as reports. Audible alerts warn you of problems with the air quality in your home, of course, so you don’t need to worry about connecting your phone in order to check for problems. This model typically costs just shy of $300.
The 2nd-Gen Airthings Wave includes much of the same functionality but doesn’t cover Total VOCs, CO2 levels, or air pressure. This model sells for about $216.75, so you might want to think about going with the Plus instead.
Airthings Wave Radon - Smart Radon Detector with Humidity & Temperature Sensor – Easy-to-Use… List Price:$242.46 Price:$216.75 You Save:$25.71 (11%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Last but not least is our favorite Airthings device that we tested, the Airthings Wave Mini. Apart from being more compact and more affordable than the other two models, the Airthings Wave Mini has what we believe to be the best mix of features — plus one crucial feature that neither of the other two models has. In addition to detecting temperature, humidity, and Total VOCs, the Mini model also warns of mold risk, a feature that countless people will find useful. If you already have a radon detector or a radon mitigation system, or if you’re in an area where radon isn’t an issue, this is definitely the model to choose.
- 1 Waterproof Flexible Wireless Endoscope WiFi Borescope Inspection Camera 2.0 Megapixels for Andr…
- 2 Smart Plug, Gosund Dual WiFi Outlet Plug 2 in 1 Extenders Socket Works with Alexa Google Home P…
- 3 Electric Jar Opener, Restaurant Automatic Jar Opener for Seniors with Arthritis, Weak Hands, Bo…
- 4 Potensic A20 Mini Drone Easy to Fly Even to Kids and Beginners, RC Helicopter Quadcopter with A…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.