If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Everyone should pay attention to coronavirus tips from experts at agencies like the CDC, but some important advice also comes from COVID-19 survivors.
- You know you need basic face masks for everyday use plus Puricia hand sanitizer to carry with you everywhere.
- One coronavirus survivor says there’s another simple device that’s absolutely crucial: A pulse oximeter, which can be had for just $16 right now at Amazon.
When it comes to protection from COVID-19, face masks are at the very top of the list of things we need to keep ourselves and those around us safe. Top-selling coronavirus face masks are great for normal everyday use, and they’re available right now. Disposable black masks are on sale currently, so scoop up a pack of 10 while you can.
EnerPlex Comfort 3-Ply Reusable Face Mask - Breathable Comfort, Fully Machine Washable, Face Ma… List Price:$26.95 Price:$24.95 You Save:$2.00 (7%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
10pcs/Pack Black Disposable Face Masks Breathable Dust Mask Stretchable Elastic Ear Loops (Blac… Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Aside from face masks, you should also stock up on hand sanitizer now that prices have come down. Puricia hand sanitizer is available right now on Amazon at the lowest prices on the internet.
Hand soap and paper towels are also must-have items during the pandemic, but there’s one more thing that you need to make sure you have on hand. It’s called a pulse oximeter, and it’s a tiny little gadget that clips onto the end of your finger and reads your blood oxygen saturation. Why is it so important? Because it can alert you to a possible coronavirus infection long before anything else that’s readily available — even before a thermometer. Many people who have COVID-19 don’t ever get a fever, as we’ve seen in several studies.
COVID-19 attacks many parts of the body but it typically wreaks the most havoc on your lungs. Long before any other symptoms present, a COVID-19 infection can hinder the lungs’ ability to draw oxygen from the air. This causes blood oxygen levels to drop, and that’s why monitoring your blood oxygen level can be crucial in catching a possible coronavirus infection as early as possible. One coronavirus survivor who has been battling COVID-19 recently reminded everyone of this on Twitter:
If you’re going through this and need someone to talk to I’m here. My DMs are open. My advice to everyone is to order an oximeter for you and your family! Do it now! It has become my new best friend. Be kind to each other. Sending love to everyone. ♥️
— Samantha Reyes (@samtayrey) July 22, 2020
In a healthy person, blood oxygen saturation should be anywhere between 95% and 100%. According to the Mayo Clinic, anything below 90% is considered unhealthy. In coronavirus patients, blood oxygen saturation as low as 50% has been observed.
- 1 Beckham Luxury Linens Dr. Pillow Beckham Hotel Collection Bed Pillows for Sleeping - Queen Size…
- 2 Mattress-Topper Queen Pure Cotton Top - Plush Quilted Pillow Top with Down Alternative Fill, Op…
- 3 yeedi k650 Robot Vacuum, 2000Pa Wi-Fi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with 800ML Big Dustbin and Tangle-…
- 4 Wyze Cam v3 with Color Night Vision, Wired 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Video Camera, 2-Way Audio, W…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.