If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- If you want to ditch your water pitchers and never have to wait to drink filtered water again, we’ve got just the thing.
- You should really check out the Sawyer TAP Water Filter, which attaches to just about any threaded faucet (or outdoor hose connection) and filters water as it’s dispensed.
- Everyone knows the LifeStraw portable water filter that’s a best-seller for hiking and camping, but not everyone knows they can get a similar product for use in your home or RV.
The LifeStraw portable water filter is one of the most popular products on Amazon ahead of the holidays each year. Actually, it also happens to be on sale right now for just $30. The manufacturer says that by using this great portable filter, you can turn just about any water you come across outdoors into potable water that’s safe and refreshing. It’s basically a portable Brita filter!
But speaking of at-home water filters, so many people use pitchers in their houses so they can drink tap water without worrying about all the contaminants. Now, what if we told you there’s another option and you’ll never have to wait for your water pitcher to filter again? You should definitely check out the hot new TAP Water Filter from Sawyer, which is available right now at Amazon for just $52.98.
The brand Sawyer is known far and wide for its best-in-class water filter products. That said, this new model might be our favorite Sawyer filter yet. Just attach it to any threaded faucet in your home and you instantly have filtered water without having to wait for a pitcher. How well does it filter, you ask? According to Sawyer, the TAP removes 99.99999% of all bacteria including salmonella and E. coli, 99.9999% of all protozoa like giardia, and 100% of microplastics. It doesn’t get much better than that.
Sawyer’s compact filter attaches to just about any faucet or garden hose spigot, and there are included adapters for atypical fittings. There’s also an extension hose you can use in shallow sinks. According to Sawyer, it can filter up to 500 gallons of water per day, and it’ll last up to 10 years if you follow the manufacturer’s care instructions. It definitely seems like it’s time to ditch your pitcher. The TAP Water Filter from Sawyer is so simple to use because all you have to do is attach it to start filtering. There’s no waiting like you do with a common water-filtering pitcher. Plus, being able to use it indoors or outdoors really makes this worthwhile.
Here are the bullets from Amazon’s listing:
- Makes bacteria-contaminated tap water potable; Ideal for use in rural locations, emergency kits, boil alerts, at campgrounds, festivals, events, in RVs, and for travel
- Filter up to 500 gallons of water per day; reusable high-performance 0.1-micron absolute inline filter fits taps 17mm to 20mm (11/16″ to 3/4″); hose bibs (garden hose spigot); and some (not all) faucet aerators
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria (salmonella, cholera, and E. coli); removes 99.9999% of all protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium); also removes 100% of microplastics
- TAP adapter attaches directly to other Sawyer filters such as MINI, Dual Threaded MINI, Micro Squeeze, and Squeeze Water filter (not included)
- Includes: TAP filter, backwash adapter, threaded spigot adapter, dual threaded adapter, tap gauge, extension hose for use in a shallow sink
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.