If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Are you wondering how to speed up your home internet without dropping a ton of cash on an overpriced mesh Wi-Fi system? Well, you will be happy to hear that it’s much easier and less expensive than you think. If you’re sick of slow internet speeds and “buffering” on your computer, TV, or video game console, there’s a simple device that will be a game-changer for you.
A lot of the time, it’s your Wi-Fi connection that is the main source of the issue. Sometimes there’s interference, or if you live in a big household it could be a congestion problem. It could also be an issue with range, and you can get away with a cheap fix by picking up a Wi-Fi range extender. This best-selling TP-Link model on Amazon is on sale right now for just $39.99, or you can go all-out with one of TP-Link’s fastest extenders ever for $69.99 thanks to a discount.
But if you want the best possible fix with the fastest and most reliable connection, you need to ditch wireless on your device and switch to a wired internet connection. Of course, no one wants to spend hundreds of dollars installing Ethernet, and we would never suggest that. Why bother when you can instantly transform any regular old power outlet into an Ethernet port in about 2 seconds?
Definitely check out the TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter at Amazon. It really couldn’t be any simpler. Just plug one box into a power outlet near your router and the other box into an outlet near your TV or computer. Connect to each box separately using a regular old Ethernet cable, and presto! You’ve got yourself a gigabit Ethernet connection that you just installed yourself in seconds. What’s more, this awesome top-rated powerline kit is on Amazon right now for $49.99.
Here are TP-Link’s highlights from the product page:
- FASTER SPEEDS – Wired connection with high-speed data transfer rate of up to 600Mbps, ideal for HD video or 3D video streaming and online gaming
- NETWORK EXPANSION – HomePlug AV standard compliant IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, with easy pair feature to add additional TP-LINK Powerline adapters to the network
- PLUG and PLAY – No new wires and no configuration required. System Requirements: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000, Mac, Linux
- POWER SAVING – Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%.128-bit AES encryption ensures that the network is safe simply by pressing a button on paired devices
- LEADING SUPPORT – Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
- 1 Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite (no TV controls) | HD streaming device | 2020 r…
- 2 TECKIN Smart Plug Mini WiFi Outlet Wireless Socket Compatible with Alexa, Echo,Google Home and…
- 3 Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Mini by TP-Link - Reliable WiFi Connection, No Hub Required, Compatible wi…
- 4 Apple AirPods Pro
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.