If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
The smart home market isn’t exactly new anymore at this point, but there’s one thing that separates smart home devices from other popular consumer technology markets. Unlike smartphones, laptops, and other similar products where huge innovations only come around once every few years, there are innovative new smart home gadgets that pop up all the time. Sure, popular gadgets like smart locks, Philips Hue light bulbs, and robot vacuums are likely the first things you think of when the topic of smart home devices comes up. But everyone knows that’s just the tip of the iceberg and cool new gadgets hit the market all the time.
Among our readers, there are a few smart home gadgets that are always best-sellers. Examples include TP-Link Kasa smart plugs that are on sale right now for just $9.50 each, the $40 Wyze Cam home security camera, and Alexa smart speakers like the Echo Dot that’s on sale right now with a $15 discount. Now, we’re going to introduce you to five new smart home devices that you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
First and foremost, we can almost guarantee that you’ve never heard of the SwitchBot Curtain. Now that you have, we can also almost guarantee that you’re going to want it. Smart curtains are awesome but they’re also very expensive, which is why SwitchBot came up with this brilliant little gadget.
Just pop it onto any curtain rod and in just one or two seconds, your regular old curtain can now be controlled using your smartphone. What’s more, you can add scheduling features that automatically open and close your curtains at certain times each day. And if you really want the full smart curtain experience, add in the $89 SwitchBot Hub Mini so you can tie in your SwitchBot Curtain devices with your smart home system, or control them with voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant!
Here’s info from the Amazon listing:
- ★ Easy to use – Easy to set up the Hub Mini in SwitchBot App. With “Smart learning” mode, it can mimic your existing remote control in 5s. USB-powered and portable, you can take & place it in everywhere. (*SwitchBot Hub Mini only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.)
- ★ One for all – Pair your air conditioner, TV, and other infrared appliances to the Hub Mini. All devices in ONE App. Enjoy the convenience at fingertips.
Smart garage doors
For just $68, the awesome MyQ smart garage door opener turns any garage door into a smart garage door. It installs in under 15 minutes and ties into the MyQ app, which is a breeze to use. You’ll never have to wonder again if you forgot to close your garage door while you were rushing out to work or school in the morning!
Chamberlain’s MyQ garage door opener is actually on sale right now for just $55.99, which is the lowest price of the year so far. What’s more, you can use the Amazon Key promotion to get a $30 Amazon credit!
Here are some bullet points from the product page:
- New free in-garage delivery with key by amazon available in select areas (check eligibility at amazon.com/keypromo). Prime members can opt in with the myQ smart garage hub to get Amazon packages securely delivered right inside their garage, simply link your myQ account in the Key app
- When placing your first In-Garage Delivery, enter KEY30 at checkout to receive a $30 Amazon credit on future In-Garage Deliveries. Promotion applies to eligible Amazon Prime members in select areas. Full terms & conditions at amazon.com/keypromo
Chamberlain MYQ-G0401 - Wireless Smart Garage Hub and Contro List Price:$66.99 Price:$50.99 You Save:$16.00 (24%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener MYQ-G0301 - Wireless & Wi-Fi enabled Garage Hub with S… List Price:$66.97 Price:$47.99 You Save:$18.98 (28%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Everything else in your home has smart features and internet connectivity, so why not your cooking gadgets?
The Proscenic T21 Smart Air Fryer is a top-rated air fryer with thousands of 5-star ratings on Amazon. This model has a nice big 8-quart capacity and all the regular features you might want in an air fryer, but it also connects to an app on your smartphone where you’ll find recipes and controls. You can even use Alexa to cook your dinner!
Here’s some more info from the product listing:
- Wi-fi connectivity: With the Proscenic Home app, Alexa, or Google Assistant voice commands, you can control your air fryer, schedule the cooking, adjust and monitor the cooking process, and customize your own recipes, which is very easy and convenient to operate.
- Tens of online recipes & customize recipes: The Proscenic Home app provides you Tens of preset original and delicious recipes, it is a great helper for the person who doesn’t know how to cook a meal, just prepare the food as the recipes, and the air fryer will cook for you. In addition, you can customize your own recipes and save the corresponding program on the app.
- Combination functions: Engineered with three combination functions – Schedule + menu + keep Warm, you can choose any one, or two, or three of them, it all depends on your need. This is the unique function Proscenic Air fryer has, which other brand fryers don’t have yet.
Proscenic T21 Smart Air Fryer, App & Alexa Control, XL 5. 8QT, 1700 Watt Electric Air Fryers Ov… List Price:$159.99 Price:$149.00 You Save:$10.99 (7%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
I’m not sure why this winter has been worse than other winters in the past in my area, but the humidity in my home has been ridiculously low all winter long. It’s wreaking havoc on my allergies, my lips are always chapped, and so on. The TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier is a great 4-liter humidifier with all the features you might expect. On top of that, it has smart features that you might not expect like the ability to control it with a smartphone!
Here are a few bullet points from TaoTronics’s product page:
- [NIGHT LIGHT & SLEEP MODE]: Built-in nightlight with a warm, soothing 2700K glow is a relaxing addition to any room,ultrasonic humidifier runs at 26 db. You won’t feel noisy even when putting it on your nightstand so you can sleep undisturbed.
- [LARGE CAPACITY]:With over 1.06 gallon of water, the cool mist humidifier lasts for 12-50 hour working time on a full tank; designed to humidify the air in large rooms up to 20-40 m² / 215-430 ft².
There’s one thing that every single smart home device has in common: it needs internet connectivity to function. If you have areas of your home with spotty Wi-Fi, that means your smart home devices aren’t going to work as well — if they even work at all. The TP-Link AC2600 WiFi Range Extender is the updated version of TP-Link’s best-selling model ever and has several key performance upgrades. It also operates specifically on the 2.4GHz frequency, which is what all smart home devices use. For $109.99, you really can’t go wrong!
Here’s some additional detail from the product page:
- 4-Stream for Ac2600 dual band Wi-Fi – simultaneous 800Mbps on 2. 4GHz + 1733Mbps on 5GHz. Superior extended range – four fixed external antennas extend Wi-Fi coverage by up to 14, 000 square feet
- Intelligent Signal Light – Helps to determine the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage by indicating the signal strength in the current placement
- 1 YABER Y60 Mini Video Projector Portable 6500L 1080P and 258" Display Supported, Projector Porta…
- 2 Smart Plug, Gosund WiFi Plug Smart Outlet Works with Alexa, Echo,Google Home, Alexa Plug with T…
- 3 Kasa Smart Plug by TP-Link (HS103P2) - Smart Home WiFi Outlet Works with Alexa, Echo and Google…
- 4 ESR Air Armor Case Compatible with iPhone 12 Case, iPhone 12 Pro Case [Shock-Absorbing] [Scratc…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.