If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
The smart home market isn’t exactly new anymore at this point, but there’s one thing that separates smart home devices from other popular consumer technology markets. Unlike smartphones, laptops, and other similar products where huge innovations only come around once every few years, there are innovative new smart home gadgets that pop up all the time. Sure, popular gadgets like smart locks, Philips Hue light bulbs, and robot vacuums are likely the first things you think of when the topic of smart home devices comes up. But everyone knows that’s just the tip of the iceberg and cool new gadgets hit the market all the time.
Among our readers, there are a few smart home gadgets that are always best-sellers. Examples include TP-Link Kasa smart plugs that are just $9.50 each, the $40 Wyze Cam home security camera, and Alexa smart speakers like the Echo Dot that’s on sale right now with a discount. Now, we’re going to introduce you to five new smart home devices that you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
Smart garage doors
The awesome MyQ smart garage door opener turns any garage door into a smart garage door for just $68. It installs in under 15 minutes and ties into the MyQ app, which is a breeze to use. You’ll never have to wonder again if you forgot to close your garage door while you were rushing out to work or school in the morning!
Chamberlain’s MyQ you can use the Amazon Key promotion to get a $40 Amazon credit!
Here are some bullet points from the product page:
- New free in-garage delivery with key by amazon available in select areas (check eligibility at amazon.com/keypromo). Prime members can opt in with the myQ smart garage hub to get Amazon packages securely delivered right inside their garage, simply link your myQ account in the Key app
- Smartphone control: Control, secure and monitor your garage door from anywhere and receive real-time notifications when your garage door is opening or closing.
- Universal: Works with all major brands of garage door openers manufactured after 1993 that have standard safety sensors.
We can pretty much guarantee that you’ve never heard of the SwitchBot Curtain. Now that you have, however, we can also pretty much guarantee that you’re going to want it.
Smart curtains are awesome but they’re also very expensive, which is why SwitchBot came up with this brilliant little gadget. Just pop it onto any curtain rod and in just one or two seconds, your regular old curtain can now be controlled using your smartphone. What’s more, you can add scheduling features that automatically open and close your curtains at certain times each day.
And if you really want the full smart curtain experience, add in the $89 SwitchBot Hub Mini so you can tie in your SwitchBot Curtain devices with your smart home system, or control them with voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant!
Here’s info from the Amazon listing:
- Install in 30 seconds – make your curtains smart in seconds without any screws, nuts, or bolts. (Please be aware that the current version of Rod type SwitchBot is not compatible with the Telescoping Rod.)
- Multiple Control – Offer SwitchBot App control for iOS and Android, open and close the curtain at your fingertip. Enjoy Touch & Go when giving a little pull. Check via app and remotely close the curtains for anti-theft when traveling (Bluetooth Range: 1.2km, with SwitchBot Hub Plus/Mini control remotely from anywhere).
SwitchBot Curtain Smart Electric Motor - Wireless App or Automate Timer Control, Add SwitchBot… Price:$203.27 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
SwitchBot Hub Mini Smart Remote - IR Blaster, Link SwitchBot to Wi-Fi, Control Air Conditioner,… Price:$87.71 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Everything else in your home has smart features and internet connectivity, so why not your cooking gadgets?
The Proscenic T21 Smart Air Fryer is a top-rated air fryer with thousands of 5-star ratings on Amazon. This model has a nice big 8-quart capacity and all the regular features you might want in an air fryer, but it also connects to an app on your smartphone where you’ll find recipes and controls. You can even use Alexa to cook your dinner!
Here’s some more info from the product listing:
- Wi-fi connectivity: With the Proscenic Home app, Alexa, or Google Assistant voice commands, you can control your air fryer, schedule the cooking, adjust and monitor the cooking process, and customize your own recipes, which is very easy and convenient to operate.
- Tens of online recipes & customize recipes: The Proscenic Home app provides you Tens of preset original and delicious recipes, it is a great helper for the person who doesn’t know how to cook a meal, just prepare the food as the recipes, and the air fryer will cook for you. In addition, you can customize your own recipes and save the corresponding program on the app.
- Combination functions: Engineered with three combination functions – Schedule + menu + keep Warm, you can choose any one, or two, or three of them, it all depends on your need. This is the unique function Proscenic Air fryer has, which other brand fryers don’t have yet.
Proscenic T21 Air Fryer, XL 5.8 QT for Home, 1700W Smart Electric Airfryer Oilless Roasting Pre… List Price:$199.00 Price:$149.00 w/coupon You Save:$39.01 (20%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
I’m not sure why this winter was worse than other winters in the past in my area, but the humidity in my home was ridiculously low all winter long. It was wreaking havoc on my allergies, my lips were always chapped, and so on. The Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier is a great 6-liter humidifier with all the features you might expect. On top of that, it has smart features that you might not expect like the ability to control it with a smartphone or even Alexa! After this past winter, I’m definitely getting a few humidifiers for my home.
Here are a few bullet points from Levoit’s product page:
- Smart & Voice Control: Connect this smart humidifier to the free VeSync app for remote control or Set up the smart humidifier to work with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for hands-free control. Levoit Smart Wifi Humidifier works with a stable 2.4GHz network
- Easy Maintenance: No need to flip upside down—the top-fill design makes cleaning and refilling quick and spill-free
- Automatic Convenience: The cool mist humidifier’s built-in sensor automatically adjusts mist output based on the target humidity level you select in Auto Mode
There’s one thing that every single smart home device has in common: it needs internet connectivity to function. If you have areas of your home with spotty Wi-Fi, that means your smart home devices aren’t going to work as well — if they even work at all. The TP-Link AC1750 Wi-Fi range extender is the updated version of TP-Link’s best-selling model ever and has several key performance upgrades. It also operates specifically on the 5GHz or 2.4GHz frequency, which is what all smart home devices use. For $69.99, you really can’t go wrong!
Here’s some additional detail from the product page:
- EXTEND WIRELESS COVERAGE: Adds WiFi range coverage up to 2,000 sq. ft. and connects up to 32 devices, such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more.
- AC1750 WIFI SPEED: Provides up to 1750Mbps performance using dual band 5 GHz (1300Mbps) and 2.4 GHz (450Mbps) for a more reliable, stable internet experience at home. Unviersal Compatibility with any WiFi router or wireless access point.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORT: 10/100/1000M port lets you connect a wired devices to the internet for access to Gigabit speed.
- EASY SET UP: Intelligent signal light makes it easy to find the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage by displaying the signal strength as you move through your home. Download Tether App and manage your router in just minutes using any iOS or Android mobile device.
- 2 YEAR MANUFACTURE WARRANTY: Comes with free support. please contact our local support line 1-855-987-5465 (English and French).
- All WiFi extenders are designed to increase or improve WiFi coverage, not to directly increase speed. In some cases improving signal reliability can affect overall throughput.
- ISED certified (IC ID: 8853A-RE550 | HVIN: RE450V4 | PMN: AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender)
TP-Link AC1750 WiFi Range Extender RE450 - Covers up to 2,000 Sq.ft and 32 Devices, Up to 1750M… List Price:$89.99 Price:$66.10 You Save:$23.89 (27%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- 1 Ultrean 6 Quart Air Fryer, Deluxe Temperature and Time Knob and Matte Finish Design, Electric H…
- 2 Monoprice Nest T3008US Learning 3Rd Generation Thermostat (Professional Version)
- 3 BaliChun Queen Mattress Pad Cooling Mattress Topper Cotton Top Quilted Fitted Mattress Cover De…
- 4 yeedi vac Robot Vacuum, Compatible with Self-Empty Station and Mopping Modular, 2500Pa Strong S…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.